3/8" Backer Rod (Sold by the Foot)
Arco Item Number:
This product is available.
NOTE: This item is sold by the foot. To order multiple feet, increase the quantity. For example, if you need 10 feet of backer rod, enter a quantity of 10.
Product: 3/8" Diameter Backer Rod, Closed Cell, Non-Stick Skin
- High moisture environments
- Ground based expansion joints
- General purpose sealant backing
- Use together with self-leveling sealant
- Highway joints
- Parking garages
- Around perimeters of door and window frames,
- Coping and glazing joints
- Log Home chinking
- Isolation joints
- 1. Joint or opening should be clean and dry and free of all contaminates, loose materials, dry, and free of water or frost.
- 2. To install, compress backer-rod into the joint
- before sealants are applied. Install backer-rod using a blunt tool or a plain faced roller.
- 3. Force the rod to the depth recommended by sealant manufacturer, (typically about 1/2 of joint width measured at the crown of the backer rod). A template or roller gauge may be used to control the depth at which the rod is placed.
- 4. Don't stretch, puncture or tear backer-rod during installation but gently force into the joint so that the backer-rod fits tight against the sides of the joint.
Leave some feedback! Did you find this product easily? Were you pleased with the product quality? Let us know!